skip to main content
Close

Customer enquiries

Call 0800 783 4949

Investor relations

Radnor Capital Partners Limited
27 Clements Lane
London
EC4N 7AE
Telephone
+44 (0) 203 897 1832

Press enquiries

Teneo
3rd Floor
Wellington House
125 Strand
London
WC2R 0AP
Telephone
+44(0) 20 7186 8888

Head office

2 The Deans
Bridge Road, Bagshot
Surrey
GU19 5AT
United Kingdom
Telephone:
+44 (0) 127 647 0190
Fax: +44 (0) 127 647 0191
Email: info@bigyellow.co.uk

We are Britain’s favourite self storage company and the customer is at the heart of everything we do.

Who we are

Big Yellow Group PLC (“Big Yellow”) is the UK’s brand leader in self storage. Big Yellow now operates from a platform of 92 stores, including 19 stores branded as Armadillo Self Storage, in which the Group has a 20% interest. We own a further eight Big Yellow self storage development sites (including two extensions sites), of which two have planning consent. The current maximum lettable area of this platform is 5.4 million sq ft. When fully built out the portfolio will provide approximately 5.8 million sq ft of flexible storage space. Of the Big Yellow stores and sites, 96% by value are held freehold and long leasehold; with the remaining 4% short leasehold.

Big Yellow has the greatest market share in the UK as measured by self storage capacity, occupied space and revenue. Given our bigger stores and our portfolio is largely freehold, we also drive the highest operating margins in the industry.

Big Yellow receives 87% of its enquiries through its website, and its success in developing its online proposition, coupled with its market leading brand, has resulted in Big Yellow achieving the highest online market share of web visits to all UK self storage company websites.(1)

The Group has pioneered the development of the latest generation of self storage facilities, which utilise state of the art technology and are located in high profile, accessible, main road locations.  Our focus on the location and visibility of our Big Yellow stores, coupled with our excellent customer service and our market leading online platform, has created the most recognised brand name in the UK self storage industry.(2)

(1)

Source: Connexity Hitwise year ended 31 March 2017. Highest market share of web visits 31-38% against 36 largest UK operators. Next nearest competitor 16%-21%

(2)

Big Yellow's prompted brand awareness in London is two and a half times higher than our nearest competitor and for the rest of the UK, it is three times higher than our nearest competitor. For spontaneous awareness Big Yellow is over six times more recognised than its next nearest competitor in London and seven times more recognised across the UK as a whole. (Source YouGov survey April 2017)